Coffee and heavy cream are staples of the Reframe Lifestyle. There may be no limit to how many cups of coffee I drink in a day, but sometimes you just want a little variety in your life. Enter these coffee and cream gummies. Now you can drink your coffee and snack on it too!
Aren’t they adorable?
The recipe I used for these was the easiest thing in the world:
1. Slightly less than 1 cup of fresh coffee.
2. Fill the cup measure to the top with heavy cream.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of gelatin and mix until dissolved. You may need to heat the mixture on the stove if it’s not quite hot enough to dissolve the gelatin.
4. Use a mini dropper to fill the molds and refrigerate at least 45 minutes. Most reputable candy mold sellers include a little dropper with each purchase.
5. Eat up!
These should last about 2 weeks in a sealed container in the refrigerator, but they probably won’t last that long…
- Feel free to use any drink you like, it doesn’t have to be coffee. I’ve made them with black tea and cream, herbal teas, kombucha, water kefir, and even wine and makgeolli. 🤫 If you use tea, try at least 2-3 tea bags per cup of water, or else the flavor won’t come through very strong in the gummies.
- I don’t take any sweetener in my coffee, so I don’t need any sweetener in these, either. That gives me a freedom to snack on them any and all the time without any guilt. However, if you do like a bit of sweetener, you can add it to your taste. I would recommend as little as possible, and of course always pay close attention to how you feel after consuming alternative sweeteners. They can have an impact on both insulin levels and digestive health. Sweet tastes exist to make us want to eat more, so be careful.
- To give these a chewier texture more like gummies and less like very dense Jell-O, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of tapioca starch. I didn’t do that for these because that is adding a little carbohydrate which I’m trying to avoid at the moment, but it’s still Reframe approved for a regular day. You’ll want to leave the tapioca out if you’re working toward a weight loss goal, but if you’re just maintaining your health, try it! In my humble opinion it makes the gummy texture more fun!
Note: This article was originally posted on our Reframe Wellness Mighty Networks community. For so much more in-depth information about how to take your anti-inflammatory diet to the next level, come join us! We offer a customizable online course, interactive coaching, and a supportive community! Check it out here: https://reframe-wellness.mn.co/share/LLcfj2j0OQluXvKq?utm_source=manual
Join the Reframe movement.
Get early access to upcoming events, insider content, and more.
“However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.”